April 10, 2010

Ari 2 Months and Baby Animal Days

Arianna is 2 months old already! I can't believe it!
9 pounds 15 ounces and 22 inches long
This face is thanks to Brooke teaching my kids the fish face starting from the moment they are each born...it's way cute though!
This is how Hailey came into our room the other morning and the camera happened to be sitting on the nightstand. She's got a jaguar, bunny, bear, puppy and her new favorite-the lizzard. It's a good thing she's in a big bed now or I don't think there would be room for her to sleep!
Scott came upstairs with this tie, a belt, 2 books and cologne on (thanks to his dad giving him his polo cologne to keep) and said, "Look mom! I'm just like dad!" I guess the books were his scriptures. Pretty cute kid. I have to tell a few funny stories about nursing. We went through the drivethrough the other day for dinner and Scott wanted to know why we weren't all eating inside. I told him I had to get home and feed Ari and he said that I could feed her inside the resturaunt. When I said no he said, "Oh...because you don't want to show off your breasts?" I thought I was going to die laughing. Hey-at least he calls them by their appropriate name!
Then the other night I had my hands full and told him to tell Kevin to come help me and he went up to him and said, "Dad, mom needs you to plug in her milking machine" (my pump) Pretty funny.
I started a new thing this winter because of bordom. I bought a pack of really big popcicle sticks and wrote activities on each one and put them in a clear glass jar. Then when we are bored or if they are being extra good they get to pick something out of the jar. Some things are simple like play candyland or legos, and other things are more fun for the kids like make someone special a card or bake. On Wednesday they drew out the bake stick and I didn't want to make cookies so we cooked this yummy bread. It was so much fun. They helped me make the dough and then they each got a piece to knead, sprayed their little pans, and shaped them. Then they got to watch the dough "grow" and bake. They turned out pretty darn good! (Hailey's wasn't as big because she kept trying to eat the raw dough...silly girl).
On Thursday we went as a family to the annual "Baby Animal Days" This year they even had baby bears! Ari slept the entire time in the carrier.
Scott and Hailey got to ride horses. Hailey loves it so much she just whips her leg around the saddle and hops on. She's a natural...well until her horse sneazed and scared the living daylights out of her. Then she didn't want to ride anymore!