September 23, 2009

We signed Scott up for soccer this fall! In our town they play indoor girl/boy soccer as 3-4 year olds and then they can start league soccer once they are 5 turning 6. We've been practicing in the backyard, but Scott was really shy and not too enthusiastic on game day. Once he played for 2 minutes he was super excited and grinning ear to ear.

My favorite part about these running pictures is how Scott runs with his arms behind his back. It makes Kevin and I laugh because he's done it since the day he started to trot down the halls in our house.So there are 8 kids on each team (Scott is grey), so basically you have 16 small kids all chasing after 1 ball. No practices either...just show up for games every Tuesday and Thursday. It was pretty funny to watch. Add a gym floor to that and you've got kids falling all over the place. I just couldn't resist, so here are 4 video clips to watch!

Scott ran and ran for the full 45 minutes. No really, if the ball changed directions instead of stopping and turning around, he would loop all the way around the gym. I told Kevin maybe he is so courteous that he doesn't want to run into anyone so he just runs around them. Yeah, I'm sticking to that story. It was so cute though. (He's the one in the grey shirt and blue pants that runs to the right of the screen)

Here he is running, falling, running around the room and then shooting for a goal! (Too bad it was in the wrong net) :)

He started getting the hang of things. After the other team scored, Scott got to be the one to kick the ball into play again. He does great kicking, but watch where he goes when he's done.

Best move of the day! Go Scott! (Oh I was talking about him dribbling down the sideline, not pushing the kid in the way)

I snapped this picture of Scott during his "quiet time" which he usually spends reading his story reader books. Bragging about your kids is one perk of being a mom, so I'll just say it out right- I think he is the cutest 3 turning 4 year old out there! :)

Since we moved Scott to the basement a few months ago (while it was still warm and not freezing!) we have been working on turning Scott's old room into Hailey's new room. It's still a work in progress, but Hailey asked her daddy if she could sleep in her new room on Monday night and he said sure. I said, "Go climb into your bed" and this is what she did. She slept great and called for me the next morning to come get her out. That was only the first night, this morning she climbed right out of bed when she woke up and started playing with her toys. We are still refinishing a headboard, bookshelf and dresser and then I'll post pics of her big girl room.

Kevin and Scott have been wanting to go camping all summer. They went on a father-son camp out a few months ago and slept in a tent in my grandma's back yard a month ago, but Scott literally asks us to go camping once a week. Can you blame me being pregnant and not wanting to have to use the bathroom in the dark woods 6 times a night? So I compromised and we decided to go to Green Canyon for roasting hot dogs, dinner and marshmallows and then we came home to sleep in our own beds.

Scott and Hailey with their walking sticks on our hike
There is no happier kid in the world then this boy right here when he's out in the woods
Hailey is a lot more cautious of campfire then Scott is, but once she warmed up to it this is her trying to blow it out.
and marshmallows of course...
I can't even tell you how much fun we had. It's just great to get out of the normal routine and go do something fun as a family. Because we've had such a hard time finding babysitters, we end up doing a lot of family dates on the weekends. It's great to have one on one time with your spouse for sure (and ours are usually spent just talking outside when the kids have gone to bed), but I was telling Kevin that a lot of couples miss out on all these fun family moments with their kids because they just want to be by themselves all the time. The weather is getting colder, but we are for sure doing it once a week until it gets too cold to bear!