August 24, 2009

This weekend we decided to drive up to Idaho and visit my grandparents. I'm lucky enough to have all four grandparents AND they only live a few miles away from each other!
Grandpa LaVall and Grandma Lill (my mom's parents)

Grandma Rosie

and Grandpa Clair (my dad's parents)

Those who know Hailey have probably noticed her cute little button nose. I think she got it from Grandma Rosie, but Grandma says her nose is not a cute little button nose any longer...ah Grandma- you are too funny

Kevin hasn't been back to Rexburg since we left 2 1/2 years ago, which is just crazy! We went back to Madison County and the City of Rexburg to say hello to his old boss and co-workers. All of the women at Madison County adored Kevin and made me bring Scott in at least every few weeks to visit. The last time they saw Scott he was about a year old, so they couldn't believe it! He finally got to personally thank them all for the gifts they gave him as a baby. (They even had a jar in their office the entire time I was pregnant, and by the time I had Scott it had about $150 in it). It was pretty cute.
We also took a minute to take pictures of all the places we lived in our college years. That could take a post in itself, but I thought it would be fun to show our first apartment as newlyweds.

We lived above these old stores. Our apartment was the last 2 windows all the way to the left. I think we paid around $330 (it was the cheapest in town) and was obviously from the 1920's. It even had an antique claw bathtub!

Why go to Yellowstone? We saw this moose out on the river driving out to my Grandmas!

I think I've mentioned this before, but I think my Grandma Lill's house/farm is the most peaceful place on earth! I just love it there, and so did the kids.
So what do little boys and girls do on a farm?
Take rides on four wheelers
(Hailey passed out after about 5 minutes of a ride!)

Tie yarn to sticks to play with the kittens as soon as they awake in the morning (video)

Swing on tire swings
Eat unlimited apples from apple trees
Take rides on home-made go-carts
Camp out in the backyard
(I told Scott to make sure he knows what a cool dad he has- most dads don't go through the effort, and mom was super sick and stayed in the house close to the bathroom)
Run through sprinklers (video)

Scott was having the time of his life on the farm. It was so cute when the sprinklers came on and he turned around excited and said, "Mom! Did you bring my swimsuit? I want to run in those sprinklers!" He has never done that before. He was just living it up!
I let him drive the four wheeler (with my help of course) down the potato field and he was just squealing in excitement. I had to have my hands on the breaks the whole time because he loves to speed!
We had a lot of fun just visiting with both sets of Grandparents and site seeing through our old college town. Unfortunately I got food poisoning or something and was throwing up every hour Saturday, so we didn't get to visit any of my aunts, uncles or cousins. Still it was a lot of fun!
Sunday morning I told Scott we had to go and he said, "AHWW!" I said, "Well you have 2 more hours to play" and he said, "But I want to stay FOREVER!" He was pretty bummed. I can't blame him- I could stay there forever too!