Hailey realized this week that she can get around by foot, so she's been walking around the entire house with a big proud smile. She also found out how to climb down the stairs backwards, so that's been a fun thing to do- up and down, up and down, up and down. She gets really mad if the safety gait is closed, just like she does with the safety latches on my cupboards with glass. Anytime she doesn't get what she wants she throws a big huge fit. If she has a toy that Scott wants she'll hide it behind her back. It's soooo funny! Also if Kevin is going to get her out of something she's not suppose to be doing she will take off 90 miles an hour. She is such a character!
Scott has had what Kevin and I call "the teenager attitude". He just has a negative attitude right along with back talking and smug remarks. I hope he gets it out of his system now! One thing I found that has helped is every day when he gets up we talk about the day's events, how I expect him to behave and his consequences for the day. Then we have a small prayer just me and him to "help him be good". I can't believe the difference that has made this week! He's also been helping me cook dinner almost every night. He loves it, especially when I use the kid cookbook I bought because it has picture directions so he can see what's next. Funny how he has eaten tons of vegetables and lots more of dinner just because he cooked it!
The countdown is on for their birthdays! Hailey will be 1 year old in 3 weeks, and Scott will be 3 years old in one month! I just can't believe it!