Another week has gone by. Scott is pretty much potty trained and even stays dry when we are out and about. Our pediatrician was right when he said that with Scott's personality type we need to let him call the shots and let it be his idea. On Friday he decided he was finished with the small potty and was moving onto the big one. Go Scott! :)
Let me let you peek inside the mind of a two year old...
- Last week when I was giving Hailey a bath in the tub with Scott I said, "Isn't she so cute Scott?" and he said, "Yeah, like Dora" (Dora the Explorer for those who don't know). I said, "Oh you think Dora is cute?" and he said, "Yeah... like her hair... (pause)...Darci too". Darci is another girl character from a book he loves to read. He's only 2! What am I going to do!
- "Swiper doesn't like diapers!" (Swiper is another character from Dora)
- Scott was crying because he didn't want to wear a diaper to bed and Kevin said, "how about you can wear your underwear ontop of the diaper to bed" Scott perked right up, went running to his room and said, "Good idea Dad!"
- Scott's favorite number is 40 and I'm not exactly sure why but any time you ask him how big something is (since he's always measuring with his tape measure) it's 40 inches. If I tell him that it's time to start getting ready for bed he replies, "40 more minutes please".
- Today when he went #2 in the big potty he screamed, "Mom doesn't believe it!"
- "Geez!" is Scott's word when he gets mad at something. He says it under his breath with a scrawl on his face.
- "Thanks Walker" "Your welcome Scott" is the dialog that went on between Scott and his buddy Walker Friday when they decided to share a toy... too cute!
- "WHISTLE WHISTLE!!" I put it in caps because Scott literally screams it in a shrill voice when he is really really mad at me. I have no clue where he got that word from except that his aunt Bre brought him one last time she came to visit.
- After trying to fit a toy in the side of Scott's pants he said, "buy some pockets for my pants"
I get them both napping at the same time and then I can't take one because the sheetrockers are so noisy! I did manage to take a few pictures though...It's like I don't even know what to do with free time since I haven't gotten much since Hailey was born!
Scott is such a boy's boy...this is to show his sensitive side :)