Jay turned 7!!
This kid is such a cutie pie! The other day he was in the kitchen staring at himself in the reflection of a big pan I had out drying. He was doing all his suave smolders and I said something to him. His reply was, "What? I just can't stop looking at my cute self" Oh my goodness I am in trouble :) We'll work on humility, but for a first grader it's great to have confidence! :)
He asked for a warm cozy hoodie and some legos for his birthday. I let him open the hoodie in the morning so he could wear it to school
After school I let him take 2 of his best friends to the Build a Bear Workshop.
They all three wanted to have matching puppies. It's been pretty cute watching them play with them around the neighborhood. They had a blast
Jay wanted Dominos pizza for dinner, not those "other" kinds. It had to be dominos. Then it was time for presents, cake and icecream
I love my kids facial reactions opening their birthday presents. They are my favorite!
All the kids favorite part of their birthday...when they get to stay up an extra hour past bedtime and play with their new things. He got straight to work on legos of course.
Jay is such a sweetheart. I was just telling him how much I miss him now that he is in 1st grade all day. He's my little cuddle bug and I miss his hugs throughout the day. And he misses getting to eat out with me for lunch. lol. Jay is a social little bug and loves making new friends. He's a friend to everyone. He also has a really tender heart like his Daddy. He's still obsessed with legos and is always begging for more even though we have WAY too many in our house. He's a little wiz with putting stuff together just like Scott. He also loves being outside and riding his bike and doing all the big kid things. He is a constant ball of energy and it's still not uncommon to find him passed out somewhere. If it's past 6 pm and he stops for 1 minute, he will pass out it's just a fact. He goes and goes and goes so the second he stops he crashes. Jay has really impressed me this year with how much he's grown spiritually. His prayers are so sweet, tender and genuine. It melts my heart. We are so happy he's our little caboose. Love him to pieces!