December 30, 2017

Jay Looses a Tooth and Other December Happenings!

Okay Kevin did the whole "tie your tooth to the doorknob" trick. Jay had his first loose tooth and it was barely hanging on. The first time he closed the door it slipped right off. I kind of whispered to him that he was going to have to slam the door a lot harder the second time and he did. Here's the video. I love Jays little squeal and then he says, "It actually pulled it out" Funniest thing ever!
Then a few days later I picked him up from school and he had another one missing! I'm like "What you lost another tooth! Where is it?" And he kind of just gave me this yikes look. He told me he threw it away because it was all bloody and gross haha

Decorating the house for Christmas
The kids were so cute they all got on their Santa aprons and hats and got busy 
When Dad got back from his Germany trip we decided to go pick out a REAL tree! Kevin and I got a permit to cut down our own tree the first year we were married, and that was the last time we got a real tree. They don't do very many permits here and I'm too much of a frugalist to buy them. haha It was seriously magical and awesome though! We will definitely have to put getting a real tree into the rotation for traditions. So fun!

The fun part is in the decorating right. Kevin and I just sit back and let the kids do it exactly how they want :) They have enough ornaments now to fill up the whole tree. And they always just light up taking each of their homemade ornaments out of the box each year. 
Ta da!
 We also got a special visit from our cousins Marlee, Laya and Remi!
Aunt Brooke brought Grandma up for Scott's birthday and her and the girls spent the day with us. I was at the temple when they got here so they let themselves in. I walked in and the girls were just in heaven playing downstairs in doll and barbie land :) 

We of course had to decorate "trees" with frosting and sprinkles
Remi was thoroughly enjoying handfulling the sprinkles into her mouth. So adorable
Playing around with some props our neighbors got us
 Ari looks so old in this picture! She's going to be 8 in February but going on teenager for sure! ;)
 Last year my neighbor printed out a huge 4 foot coloring page for us for December and my kids loved it. I printed one again this year and we just left it on the table for the kids to color all month long. So fun!
 Handsome Jay