May 17, 2017

Hailey's Spring Soccer

Hailey is so fun to watch. Kevin and I can never miss a game. Last season she scored 13 goals and so of course it was her goal to beat that score. This year she scored 21 goals! The seasons here are only 8 games. So awesome! She said she was proud of herself, but she is worried about beating it next year! Lol
Her coaches were so awesome! I think they helped bring out her competitiveness :)
Their team ended up undefeated too! They tied their very last game 5 to 5. And Hailey scored all 5 of their teams goals!

 I especially love how she despises pink, but her coach got them all matching pink socks to "unite" them. We had a little laugh about how I too disliked pink as a kid and we were the Little Mermaids and our jerseys were shiny pink! lol We talked about being a part of the team spirit and how it could have been worse- she could be called the Mermaids. lol 
So she wore them proudly to every game.
I especially love this picture when she was against 3 girls from the other team
 and still got through
Don't let the white jerseys fool you, they just switch colors when they are the away team. 
 She is so aggressive too, but then again she's the only girl "allowed" to play on the boys field at school. So I think they have toughened her up. She was only warned a few times this season about keeping her elbows down. :) lol
Here's a compilation of a few cell phone clips I took. On the last one she got tripped pretty bad and got a free penalty kick. But she had to come off the field so one of her teammates took it for her