February 11, 2016

Arianna's Birthday Party Festivities

Arianna reminded me a few weeks ago, "Remember Mom...you always say when we are in kindergarten we get to have a friend party!" Whoops. Totally spaced that one. Luckily she wanted it to be just like the one Hailey had in kindergarten. A cooking party. So much fun. The reason I say kindergarten is because kids at that age are so dang cute and easy to please. We had a great time! Her card read, "Pizza, Cupcakes and Sprinkles too...it's a cooking party and I'm inviting you!" She invited 3 little girls and 3 little boys- so 8 in all including Jay. All the kids have afternoon kindergarten, so we did it in the morning before school!
Decorating their chef aprons. Like I said about them being easy to please. They just kept saying, "These are ours! We get to keep them?" lol
After they each had an apron ready, we played a few rounds of hot potato and then it was onto the pizza station. Having done this party before I found a few shortcuts to make it easier. One being to use Rhodes frozen rolls. I just popped 8 of them in the fridge the night before to thaw out and pulled them out that morning to sit on their placemats to get them to room temp. Soooo yummy! And one roll makes the perfect 6 inch pizza
See their cute little pizzas? So adorable! I went around and wrote their names on the placemats while they were making them so that I knew who's pizza was who's and they could move onto the next station while I got them into the oven. (then you bake them on parchment paper and again label who's is who's) 
So they went back to the table to assemble some fruit kabobs to go with their pizza. Their favorite by far was raspberries- they went through a huge amount of raspberries! lol They ate more than they saved for their pizzas, but it was perfect because I needed them to be distracted for a minute while I got the pizzas in!
Then Dad came home for a lunch break and was able to help play some games while I got the pizzas out of the oven and cooled off. They played bingo with some little farm fruits/veggies. This group never gets tired of bingo. They played for a good 20 minutes or longer. We used chocolate chips so when someone got bingo everyone got to eat their chips -everyone wins! yeah! lol And then we passed out more for the next round.
After that it was time to eat pizza! Everyone loved seeing their masterpieces.
Kids all eat at different paces, so some of them went to play in Ari's room while we cleaned up lunch and got out the cupcake station.
I had little paper bags for them to take home one if they wanted. I let each of them decorate 2. Kids always love decorating, especially when you give them endless sprinkles choices.
The group all together. 
Then they did some freeze dancing while they waited for their parents and I took a few of them to school. They got to go home with their aprons and mini rolling pins and as a party gift a bag with all the ingredients to make some play dough with the recipe along with a cookie cutter. 
Super fun party and pretty reasonably cheap. I think around $30 for all of the supplies and party favors. Not bad!
And of course Ari had a BLAST!! Loved every minute!!!

Okay so then she got to go to school and once she came home and after Dad got home from work we got to do her "Family party" is what my kids always call it ;)
We had pizza for dinner (can you tell what her favorite food is?)
and she wanted a HEART chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (that's my girl!)
Time for presents!!!
LOVE these expressions! So excited!
Still getting use to that cute missing tooth! 
New outfit for her dollie
She loved all her presents! And especially getting to stay up past bedtime to enjoy them all by herself for a bit.
A very very busy but super FUN day we had!! I can't believe she's already 6! Going way too fast. We love you Arianna!