Jay got a haircut last week...by his sister Arianna! In the tub she decided to find some scissors and cut the right side of his hair to his scalp....lovely!
Not AS bad when it's spiked, but seriously? lol
This is just an example of the kind of mess you have to make just to get cleaning done as a Mom.
Jay wanted to fill the sink up for his dinosaurs to have a pool, while I did some laundry. How can you say no to curious little boys though, really?
These were just taken last week. The kids came home from school and didn't want to play outside and complained about being bored, so I told them if they were bored they could make dinner- and they got all excited saying, "Okay!!! Yeah!!" So they made chicken noodle soup- without any help from me :) I think I will have to use that again sometime if they complain!
And last but definitely the most exciting- Arianna got her ears pierced! She will be 6 in February and people have been asking her for the last few years or so and she kept saying, "No, maybe when I'm older." Well one day this week she started telling everyone, "I'm getting my ears pierced on Saturday!" lol and then on Saturday morning sure enough she said she was getting them pierced that day, so off we went. I just thought it was funny because when I looked back at this post of Hailey- she did the exact same thing. Just woke up one day and decided it was time.
All ready and sitting in the chair (a bit nervous)
Right after. She didn't cry, but her eyes watered up
Ta Da!! She picked out little pink glittery hearts
It turned out to be kind of an all day date because I took her to get her ears done and then that night I went to a Ballroom Dance competition to watch one of my young women dance. I knew Ari would go crazy over the dresses, so I brought her along. She loved it of course! Fun day! :)
