November 12, 2015

Donuts and other funny things...

Jay has been quite the pill lately. He is normally a very well behaved child, but apparently while we were out of town Grammy said he was getting into the fridge in the early morning hours. That among lots of other trouble making adventures. 

Well, last week Kevin had a work dinner and he brought home our favorite donuts. I was at a meeting, so he put the kids to bed and told them they could have donuts for breakfast. We were lying in bed that night and Kevin says, "I probably should have put those donuts up." I assured him they would be just fine on the counter until morning. 
Jay got up at midnight and was wandering around. I heard him and came into the hall and told him it was still night-time and please go back to bed, so he closed his door and into his bed he goes. Again at 2 am he is wandering around. I caught him in the pitch black hall again and told him to go back to bed. This time when I close his door I notice it is very sticky but think nothing of it. So it's not until I wake up at 6 am and again find Jay wandering around that I realize what's happened. I pick him up and ask him if he will come back to bed with me for a little bit and he is chewing very loudly. I say, "Jay are you eating something?" and he says, "Ah huh!!" with a big smile. And when I asked what he was eating he giggles "Donuts!!" So I flicked on the lights (it's still dark here with that dang time change) and that's when I see my huge double step stool pushed up against the counter, the box of donuts opened and the maple donut mauled by 3 year old hands. He was getting up every hour or so to take a nibble out and go back to bed. The funniest part of the whole thing is that Kevin told me the night before he was worried because he had to get one maple donut and he hoped that the kids didn't fight over who had to eat the maple donut (they like chocolate). I texted him that morning and said, "Guess we don't have to worry who gets the maple donut!" In the dark that's the one Jay grabbed lol

This was not his first offence. He has been known to be up riding his scooter, trying to turn on "cartoons", and lots of other things in the night. 2 am seems to be his "happy hour". I have to report that after pulling out Scott's old pirate chart and a treasure box full of goodies for rewards, Jay has been sleeping all night without any more adventures. I actually got it out for his behavior (yelling, pushing, etc.), but when I told him I would move him up 2 spots if he would sleep all night and if he had to go pee he would do it very quietly and please don't wake mom up and go back to bed, he has slept until 8 am every morning. And he tells me, "I woke up and went pee VERY QUIETLY Mom and then I went back to bed!" Yah for sleep again!

The other day we were at the grocery store checking out and Jay noticed the man in front of  us and says in a yelling voice I might add, "Mom! Look! That guy is really really small! Look mom he's small!!" I turned to Jay in a whisper and said, "Jay shhh...that's not nice." and he YELLS "SHHH!!!! WHAT'S SHHHH MEAN MOM? WHAT'S SHHHH?" He was so loud he was spitting. You should have seen his face when he was saying it. It was so comical seriously. So much for that.

His favorite word lately is hilarious. Especially when describing Hailey. Almost daily he will say, "Hilarious. Hailey you are hilarious." I laugh every time because it's so funny such a big word coming out of a 3 year old.

And one last thing lately he has been telling me what to say. He says, "Mom say this 'Jay do you want a snack?" and then he will answer. "Mom say this say this 'what did you do today Jay?" It's so funny. He wants to narrate everything.

He is just so funny lately I don't want to forget. Another thing he has been doing is saying how much he missed me (still talking about our Greenbay trip) and he will grab my face with both his hands and say, "Mom I missed you!" Even at the gym after an hour at the kids club he will run to give me a hug and say, "Mom I missed you so much!" I'm like, you missed me for an hour? and he will say, "Yes Mom I missed you!" 
Love this kid!!