August 18, 2015

Last tidbits of summer....
Every year I say this, but summer has gone by way too fast!!
 This was one of my favorite moments this summer. The kids and I rode our bikes to the park to play some soccer and catch, and afterwards we rolled down the hills. I was trying to teach them human cartwheel (or whatever you call it when one person goes over the other connected by hands and feet) and steam roller, and we just laughed and laughed. It was just one of those "in the moments" times...Fun fun
 Jump park
 Splash pad
 Sweet sibling moment with Hailey reading to Ari and Jay. I love when you don't ask them to, but they pick up a book on their own to read to their siblings. Love it. I don't have a picture, but Jay and Scott grew super close this summer. Scott has pretty much just let him tag along right with him and they have done lots and lots of legos and building, reading together and playing games. So sweet.
As soon as we got back from Vegas, my green beans were ready to can so I have been doing that what seems like nonstop this month. I canned 50 jars and have 1 batch in the pressure cooker right now. Pears came early too so that will be this week and peaches will be close after....A busy time for sure! lol
This is about what I was picking per week this month. I was worried the garden wouldn't do good because we had such a wet spring they said there would be a ton of pests, but that wasn't the case
 This year I also let Hailey have her own little garden inside of mine where she could plant flowers and things. She decided she wanted to plant some giant sunflowers though and they kind of took over the rest. lol Beautiful though!! She is very proud!
Other news is that I was released from primary and got put in as 1st counselor in the Young Womens for our church. I am so excited but also so overwhelmed with such a big responsibility. I am already so impressed with the youth in our church. They will probably end up teaching me more than I will teach them- they are amazing girls! 
So Sunday I had to teach and also had a presidency meeting. So knowing I would be short on time I decided to put the girls in curlers the night before

 They loved it and thought it was so fun! And were even more excited when we didn't have to do their hair the next day! (too busy for a curly hair pic sorry)
 Love these girls!!
 School starts this week on Thursday! Arianna gets to go to kindergarten this year as well. Very fun and exciting!