Our oldest is 9!
Scott is a very special boy. He has always had a big heart and a sensitive spirit. With everything he has had to conquer in the prior months learning he has a brain tumor, he has truly just amazed and inspired Kevin and I both.
He is so strong. Physically, mentally and spiritually, and has taught us all so much.
(I added a sidebar on the left called "Updates on Scott" for an accessible way to get any updates I add to the blog on his progress.)
He has patiently waited to get his "friend" party this year, but with all that has been happening he opted to having a family party this year instead. He wanted either a football cake or a Broncos inspired one but ultimately decided on a football because he wanted chocolate frosting ;)
We always get him from school for 2 hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays for PE, Health and lunch/recess so that he can have a break from sitting in the classroom. His Dad picked him up for lunch and Scott's choice was Five Guys, so that was fun!
Then after school and once Dad got home it was time for pizza (Scott's favorite!), singing,
and then right into presents
He is always sweet about getting gifts. He's gracious and loves everything he gets. He never gives us any ideas- he always says, "Just get me something cool"
Just a goofy pic I took the other day. It's so crazy to me how his eyes have turned more green. They use to be soooo blue! He always corrects me and says, "No Mom they are green!" I guess so! Either way- he is one handsome boy! :)
Putting together his erector four-wheeler. I love how hard he is concentrating.
He is always building things with his hands and is such a smartie pants! A few months ago he built his own bubble gum machine out of legos. Like an actual working gumball machine (but he used marbles), no directions or anything. Just a wiz! He also earned his Bobcat and Wolf badges in Cubscouts this year along with 4 arrows, and is chugging along in his 2nd year of piano.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTT!!!!
We love you!