April 5, 2014

For Spring Break the kids and I jumped in the car and headed down to St. George to play with my sister Brooke! We had so much fun!
Marlee was attached to Scott all week...she was his little shadow. Brooke said, "Scott did you find a new best friend?" And he said "I don't know, but Marlee sure did!" :)
But secretly he really loved it. Every single minute she would look over at him and say, "Hi Scott" until he would say "Hi Marlee" and then start over again in another minute. Adorable, I told you.
Jay going down the slides all by his big self. 
Marlee is the cutest sweetest thing ever. I have never seen a toddler with so much personality. All my nieces and nephews have huge personalities, but Marlee is funny. Like hilarious. She had us all laughing all week long with the little things she would say.
Having fun with Aunt Brooke

This night Marlee was wild and hyper and would not settle down. She kept running down the hall saying, "Boo Cole!" (my nickname) "Boo Cole! Boo Boo Boo!" and then she would run and plop next to Scott and giggle.
We also went to the St. George kids discovery museum
rode the carousel
Jay was scared at first but then his little hands gripped so tight when I tried to get him off he was glued to the thing. Pretty adorable

went swimming at the indoor swim pool- this was the kids favorite

and spent one of the days at Zions National Park. This was my first time ever going- so beautiful! A little busy with the 5 kids, a jogger stroller, hiking pack and pregnant Brooke, but so worth it! :)
The squirrels....a little too friendly!
I let Jay out of the pack and told Scott to teach his little bro how to throw rocks in the river, one of Scott's favorite pass times. So adorable.
Long day for everyone lol
Then just a bit after we got back from Zions my parents drove down from Vegas to spend the rest of the afternoon/night with us, eat with all of us and play at the park before everyone had to go to bed.

I let Scott and Hailey stay up a bit late and Hailey was combing Grandma's hair (Hailey loves doing hair). She kept brushing and brushing and brushing and then my mom said, "Well how does it look?" and Hailey said, "Like you stuck your head in a vacuum cleaner"
Oh Hailey! She is so funny sometimes! :)
It was a really fun trip for everyone! And I really do actually enjoy taking off in the car with the kids by myself. Shocking I know, but I love it. On the drive home I asked Scott to help Ari with something since she was sitting in the 3rd row by herself and he said, "Sure Mom, anything for my little sister." I think spending the week with Marlee brought back some memories for Scott that yes, he is still the big brother even though his sisters have grown...it was pretty sweet.