The true reason we go to Newport Coast California every year....the beach of course!
And this year was Jay's first time :)
Wake up, eat breakfast, put on suits and sunscreen and go down to Crystal Cove beach. Dig in the sand and play in the ocean and have lunch on the beach. Pack up all the stuff, get cleaned up for dinner, hang out, then go to bed. Repeat, repeat, repeat! So much fun!
Here we are- one big happy family! (minus Hailey she didn't wanna put her feet in the sand lol)
Scott
Scott even tried out the boogie board this trip! He took a really bad flip in one wave, but I was proud of him for getting back out there. Good job Scott!
Hailey
Arianna
I can't help it, she loves to pose for the camera
Jay
And the rest of the bunch
Here's our attempts on getting the 9 grandkids together...always very entertaining! lol
Marlee was here last year but doesn't remember it much. This girl was crazy she just wanted to run out into the ocean! So funny!
Marlee. Cutest face on the planet right here!!! lol
Ari and Mia hiding out
Love this pic of Laith too. Cool little dude and his cast :)
This was so funny Mia was pouting mad at her Dad for sticking her in the waves, but I got a few little cute smirks from her
This was her cheering for Scott while he was on the boogie board
I was going to say what a cute little face Kellan has, but he's just as solid as they come! :) So cute!
Kyse...always concentrating so hard :)
Fast forward 10 years and we are in trouble right here with these two!
I love the candid shots of them...they are like little teenagers lol
doing some dancing
Scott and Mia holding hands of course
Tunnel to Crystal Cove
One of our favorite things to do is look for little creatures in the pools. Because it's a protected beach we find some pretty awesome treasures! :)
This time we decided to skip Balboa Island and go to the Laguna candy store instead. While Kevin and I were on our date the night before, we found a super yummy and quaint little gelato icecream shop. I was soooo excited because they had like 9 dairy free flavors to choose from and Scott NEVER gets to go pick out icecream. Ever! Like when we took Mia out for the 4th of July he had to get a rootbeer while everyone had icecream. Even the sorbets have dairy...so long story short we took the entire group back the next night. This was a big treat for Scott!
and Jay! He could not keep his hands off it was too funny
Since it was just raspberries, water and sugar I decided to give in lol
My cute four
All in all we had a wonderful time!!! Thanks Grandma for doing this every year for all of us!