February 9, 2013

Arianna is 3!
We did her measurements at home since we had to cancel her checkup due to her being extremely sick this week! 
38 inches tall and 28.2 pounds
Poor girl has been in her room all week wearing a mask watching movies on a portable dvd player in her bed with a humidifier going. It just knocked her flat it was so sad. I didn't see a smile all week and then she just woke up so excited it was her birthday she forgot all about being sick and had a fun happy day!
She loves princesses so much, especially Cinderella and Ariel. She just loves all the singing :) so she wanted princess party stuff of course. 

Such a cheese ball :) 
She wanted a princess castle. Since she is super picky and the only cake she has ever taken a bite out of was for Spock's bday (cousin Mia's cat lol) I just wanted her to eat her own birthday cake! She has never tried a cupcake or anything on her birthday and I just really wanted her to enjoy it this year. She told me she wanted chocolate and she told me she wanted pink and purple which I wasn't sure about since she has never eaten frosting, not even on a cookie.
Here's the cake :) After failing one little flower I decided to just use smarties instead as the flowers and she loved that.
trying to hold up 3 fingers and just couldn't lol
Trying to blow out her candle
and again and again and again and again until finally
she let out a big pouty sigh and what do ya know, it blew that candle out! lol She looked down and was all confused it was pretty funny
Opening presents
I was so excited about the Cinderella and this little horse and pumpkin carriage (worth every minute of painful day after Christmas shopping lol) 
and finally drum roll please!
The picture mantra of testing out the cake
a lick of a tiny itty bitty piece of frosting...
and thinking about it
going in for another crumb size piece
peeling off a piece of the cake
licking her finger
then finally- an entire bite! She even had seconds on the cake (she won't touch ice cream still....there's always next year lol) As a mom though, I'm just so happy she got to enjoy her own birthday cake. I'm so proud of her for trying so hard this year with eating. It really is a scary thing for her and she's come so far! 
And the part all our kids look forward to on their birthday...the one day of the year all the other kids go to bed on time, and they get to stay up an extra hour or so to play with their new things with mom and dad all to themselves.
Arianna is the sweetest girl. She just has a tender heart. Yes that means she is very emotional and sensitive, but it also means she gives a lot. My friend put it so perfectly when she said that Ari loves with her whole heart. She just gives you everything she's got and doesn't hold anything back. She never says, "No you can't play with me today because you were mean to me" ...she just loves unconditionally. I think that is her best trait. 
She is beautiful and I've always said she was sent straight from heaven.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!