This last week was a busy one!
Hailey and I try to bake once a week just because she loves it so much! I told her she could choose from her kids cookbook what we were to make that week. On Tuesday night she decided on chocolate cookies since we were having the missionaries over for dinner. One thing I'm going to miss is having the missionaries over so much. Out here they really rely on the members, especially in our small branch. I also find it so funny that every missionary we have here is either from Utah or Idaho with the exception of one from Las Vegas which just happened to be Clark Demille (my old bishops son!) It's so fun because I usually have some sort of connection like the one that was over this particular night's parents went to school with my parents in Sugar City (not the first missionary with that connection). I could write a whole blog post on missionary connections since we've been here really- it's been a blast!
Anyways Hailey sure has a love for baking and cooking. Anytime she can help me in the kitchen she's there! :)
Wednesday was my birthday. My Mom told me I was turning 28 and I didn't believe her so while I was talking to her I was secretly figuring it out on the calculator and in the middle of our conversation I was like "I'm going to be 28!??! What!" She was hystarical
Me and my musketeers :) I wanted a carrot cake for my birthday. Not just any carrot cake- my Grandma Lills of course
I haven't seen much of Kevin lately...I think we figured he was gone 4 weeks out of the last 6 weeks, so he took the day off and we did some shopping.
My favorite thing he got me was a remote for my camera. Super fun. Scott was hiding it under the table taking pictures :)
Arianna didn't eat any cake for her 1st or 2nd birthdays, or any from Scott and Hailey's birthdays either. Here she is eating her first bite of cake EVER
Unbelievable!
and she loved it!
Then this weekend was the Saturday Kevin and I were suppose to be hosts giving tours through the Kansas City Temple for the Open House. Best experience ever. I really could have stayed there all day if we could have. We got to take the kids through a tour late Friday night and they loved it of course. After going through the celestial room Scott said, "I LOVED that last room!"
The temple is a 3 1/2 hour drive and we were suppose to work a 6 hour shift. The callings came from the stake so we happily agreed and were super excited, but in the back of our minds we were wondering what on earth were we going to do with the kids! I kept having that feeling that everything would work out if we were suppose to be there. So what ended up happening? Well one of my best friends from here was in Kansas City that entire weekend for her son's baseball tournament and their whole family was going (and to go through the temple open house) including her daughter who happens to be our babysitter. So we got a hotel where they were staying along with a late checkout- and she was able to come right to the room (at 6 am LOL) and babysit for us. What a blessing.
(the kids were a little wired in this picture since the guide promised lots of cookies after ended our tour at like 9:30 pm!! Yikes!)
It really was such an amazing experience though to meet and talk with so many people from all over and especially the non-members. They were planning on over 8,000 people coming just that day...so there were lots of people! Kevin caught up with someone he knew from Colorado Springs, and I caught up with a gal that was in our married student ward in Rexburg. Crazy! After the long day we decided to drive to Adam-ondi-ohmon
It was gorgeous and you could definitely feel the spirit that was there. The kids just had a blast walking around on all the trails and it was good to get them moving- they all passed out on the drive home.
Here's to another busy week of dentist appointments, home inspections, trying to list our house, trying to finalize buying our house in North Logan AND trying to squeeze in a weekend trip to Nauvoo! We'll see if we can make it happen! :)











