April 4, 2012

The kids and I went to the community Easter Egg Hunt this past Saturday
As soon as we got there about 5 of Scott's friends from school came running over so they all went hunting together. By the end Hailey was telling them each good bye with all their names memorized... so cute (and sweet that Scott lets his little sis tag along)
 They divide it in ages so I went with Ari to the tot side. I gave Scott and Hailey specific instructions to stay together and come back to the rope when they were done. I told them if we did get separated to meet up at the cop car by the restrooms. It was so funny because I was watching them the whole time and when they finished they didn't even bother looking for me, they just started walking over to the cop car...funny kids.
I thought Ari would remember from last year and get way into it this year, but she was still a bit timid...just her style :)

favorite pic cutie pie
Scott and his loot. I'm always amazed at just how fast the eggs clear out of the park- crazy
Goofy Hailey
(and this was before the sugary candy)

 Apparently Scott and Hailey were too cool for the Easter Bunny, so Ari is the only one who got in for a picture. She wouldn't look up-she was too busy starring at his big fuzzy feet

fire trucks aren't too cool for the big kids I guess
Hailey almost ripped the firefighters arm off. She loves to show people (especially the missionaries) her super firm hand shake LOL
For Family Home Evening this week I wanted to just do something fun so we made those Easter egg rice krispie treats. You use big plastic Easter eggs and spray them and use them as molds. The kids had a blast
we filled ours up with jelly beans since Scott hates m&ms
our little eggs with secret treats inside
Dad has been M.I.A. in the last few posts since he's been gone 2 weeks again for work. It's been rough I won't lie- especially with just being exhausted and sick with the pregnancy. The kids can't wait to see their Dad (and I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday...quite possibly maybe the entire day! LOL)