February 27, 2011

Scott started soccer on Saturday. He played last year but it was indoor, so a bit different. Here they have everyone sign up and then the coaches get to choose who they want on their team from the list. So most coaches keep the same players every year, sometimes switching out the not-so-good players for better ones to get the optimal team. Let me just tell you how bad I felt like protesting. I think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, because of course if you are a no-name or a new kid, you won't get on a team. I was soooo heart broken when they called to tell me he wasn't on a team, but then a week later we got a call from his new coach- a dad who's daughter didn't get on a team so he decided to take up the kids left on the list. I want to hug him!
 Scott was just as excited as I was, and he even tried sleeping in his shin guards the night before  :)  Saturday it was only 32 degrees at practice and he smiled through the entire thing and couldn't stop talking about how much he loved soccer on the way home.
Ari- still just standing around, no walking :)
I just love overalls on babies :) So cute.
Ari really is the most stubborn child (I never thought I'd say that after Scott and Hailey, but it's true), especially when it comes to eating! I've told the stories before, but here's another. I've been putting the baby food from the jar into a seperate bowl (to show her that it's okay if it doesn't come from the jar) and doing okay with that, but the other night she refused to eat what was in the bowl because she didn't believe it was her traditional jar baby food, so she just kept her mouth clamped shut. I went and got a jar from the pantry and pretended to pour the contents into the bowl, and she opened her mouth wide. The exact same thing she refused before. Ugh...
I just love this tiny little curl Ari has
 Scott's school has a kids night at Texas Roadhouse once a month. Some kids favorite place is McDonalds or Wendys, but Scott's is Texas Roadhouse, so you can imagine the begging that goes along each month. Finally we gave in and went. When we reached the door Scott leaned his head back and screamed, "I LOVE school night at Texas Roadhouse!" He was pumped. Anyway they had face painting, peanut crushing contests, playdough, hulahooping....each table in the corner had a fun game to play and they do it every Tuesday for kids night (although the schools take turns for their night). So all the while the kids played with the workers in charge, Kevin and I got to peacefully eat our steaks. It was awesome :) Best part- the kids meals are free if they read 3 books. What a night.
 Hailey got her face painted and picked a kite from the treasure box. She was in heaven
 Future Missionary right here...