October 16, 2010

Our New Home in Missouri

I've been asked for pictures, so watch out there are a lot!!!
This is the only one I have of the front when we came house hunting, I'll get another after we mow the lawn. It's crazy we paid pretty much the same for this house as our last house, but it's more square footage, has a yard and all on one level finished.
 When we bought the house the entry and dining had hardwood floors. Kevin and I stayed up one entire night until the kids woke up the next morning putting the wood floors down the hallways. Then my parents came up last weekend and worked their behinds off with us cleaning, unpacking boxes, hanging towel racks, trimming doors, putting trim back up, hanging pictures, adding a floor to the attic for storage, and my mom even painted a few rooms which is her ultimate least favorite thing to do. Thanks so so much mom and dad and Kevin for all your hard work!!
Our entryway
I told Kevin I love looking at our wood floors, but then again it reminds me of all the pain and sleep loss
Living room
The only sneak peak you get of the dining is off to the left since that room currently houses the unpacked boxes

Kitchen
Breakfast area
A before snap of the mudroom
Kevin and my dad cut out the metal rack and used it in the hall linen closet. Then they put this cabinet that we had in our old house garage to put my cleaning supplies up and out of kids reach. My mom and I found these cute baskets too
Just FYI the amount of work that went into this laundry room was crazy because we had to have it plummed for a gas dryer (at company expense) and then my Dad re-routed the dryer vent to go out the bottom....it was a lot of work, needless to say!
Coat rack for the adults and for the kiddies
Powder room before (with the hideous mirror)
after my dad ripped the mirror off the wall and replaced it with this one I bought :)
My mom turned this bathroom into her own personal project, complete with painting, new rugs and towels, and cute little storage pieces

Our master as of now ...
don't mind the cardboard and paper blinds. Also the candle holders above the bed don't have candles in them yet, so they look kind of like crosses but they aren't :)

new bedding my mom talked me into getting- love it!
master bath
My mom put up the sign about the kids pictures that says, "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Straight down the hall is a linen closet and right next to that is the guest, and then Scott's room is next to the pictures on the left and the bathroom here on the right
Scott's room isn't painted and pictures/decorations aren't up yet, but we decided to do an airplane theme- it's going to be cute.
Scott's new room is atleast twice the size of his other room
bathroom and then girls room straight ahead. We decided this room was too big for one little kid, so Hailey and Arianna are sharing
Their room isn't painted or decorated yet either, but here's pink princess land :)
Kids bath (not decorated yet)
and that's it for now! I didn't take any of the dining room or the guest because that's where all the mess and clutter has ended up. Originally I loved this house because it had a dining room, but now I'm thinking about trading in a dining set for a piano...can't decide