September 19, 2010

Trip to Rexburg

We took a trip up to Idaho to visit my grandparents this weekend. I'm so fortunate to have both sets of my grandparents living, and definitely wanted to enjoy their company one last time before I move so far away.
My mom was out there visiting too, so that was fun!
My uncle Rob has a beautiful pond right in his front yard, so he let the kids go fishing
I don't think I've ever had so much fun fishing in my life! He didn't feed the fish, and boy were they hungry-they were jumping out of the water and everything
Scott caught a fish and was laughing hysterically the entire time he reeled it in

This one is awesome! Look at their faces
Hailey had so much fun fishing and even caught one of her own. It was a gory hook, and after blood splashed up on her and grandma, she spent the rest of the time looking for flowers (look at her face-hilarious)
So I have to tell you a story... when Kevin and I first started dating I took him out to this same pond and he could not catch a fish. I caught 3 or 4 and he stayed at this pond until like 10 at night trying so hard and never caught one. I had bragging rights for the past 8 years :) I made the comment that he was coming back for revenge, and boy did he ever! They call this fish "Moby Dick" and it was about 5 pounds!
Grandpa Rydalch was holding Ari between his legs trying to adjust his hat to fit her...Grandma was worried. These two are so sweet. You can't find a better example of a marriage than this (60 years of marriage!) They are so sweet to each other, and I asked my Grandma if they have ever got into a fight. She said, "Yeah, once I got so mad at him when he left I threw a loaf of bread at him" Soooo funny!
Kevin and I have no clue where this girl got her personality from! We were both super shy little kids, and Hailey is the most outgoing kid I've ever met in my life
Grandma Lill has had a drawer toy box at the very end of her hallway for as long as I can remember. We played in it as kids, and each of my kids have enjoyed it too- check it out
Scott (10 months old)
Hailey (7 months old)
Ari (7 months old)
We had a great time visiting!
This week the packers are coming Wednesday and Thursday and the movers on Friday. Then we are off to Colorado on Saturday- crazy week-I can't believe it's here already!