January 11, 2010

Cuddles and Allergy Testing

Scott and Hailey have been so cuddly lately... (I'm sure it won't last, but I'm sure enjoying it!) The other night they didn't want to be seperated for bedtime, so we decided we'd read books in Scott's bed first. I think they gave eachother about 5 goodnight kisses before we were finally allowed to seperate!

This was after Hailey was climbing all over me and I told her I didn't have much of a lap to sit on. Scott says, "Come here Hailey! I have a big lap to sit in"I guess I realized this week that the baby is due next month and we really have done nothing to prepare! I brought out the baby stuff and started panicking a little bit. Hailey's main wish is to be a baby again. Seriously...sucking on bottles, climbing in the bassenet-everything!
A quick update on Scott.... Today we spent 3 hours in the allergists office doing food challenges! Even though he scored an 86 on his blood test for dairy, his allergist wanted us to come in and do a food challenge. We have cut out all dairy products for 2 1/2 years and his allergy results keep coming back higher and higher (they were only 21 when he was 18 months old). So obviously that method wasn't working! We were all hoping that he could possibly tolerate some baked foods with dairy and that if he can start eating these things, maybe his immune system can be built up and possibly even be able to tolerate milk at some point in his life.
I felt like I was giving him poison when he told me to give him a piece of bread with whey in it! He passed everything we tried today- white bread with butter ingredients, wheat bread with whey, pancake made with skim milk, muffin with whey, goldfish and even a string cheese. We were all completely shocked! The allergist told us to start giving him processed dairy foods. Kevin has so much faith. I really need to take his example- I'm still really scared. I guess it's like starting a baby on foods- you start out really small right?! If you want to hear all the details of the testing you can go to my cooking blog
We are all so excited! Especially Scott about the goldfish!