Here's a project I just finished for the baby! These are really popular here in Utah, and they are always done in cute modern fabrics, which make them fun to carry around.
polka dots on the inside
I've always thrown blankets over my carseats (especially with the cold weather), but then your hands with always slip trying to hold it with a blanket underneath. This way the bar is still bare to hold the carseat. It's really great for when the baby is sleeping because people catch a hint not to bug if it's covered. Nope- we still don't know what we're having yet, but I figured it being blue and brown AND having flowers it could go either way.
It was such a fun and easy project too! It maybe took 2 hours with kids pulling at my legs and sitting in my lap (not bad). I google searched for instructions and found an awesome tutorial so click HERE if you want to make one!