December 26, 2008

Making Presents

This year I had so much fun making Christmas presents and had a few requests to show what I've been up to. Kevin set out his saw horses and a 8 foot sheet of plywood and ta da-Sewing table!
Here's the quilt I made my brother in-law Rick out of all his soccer Jerseys Scott use to get scared when he'd see grandparents or aunts and uncles he hadn't seen in a while, so I took an old photo book and filled it with pictures. Then I'd say the names as we'd look at the pictures and he would always recognize the people. It helped so much. So I decided to make one for Hailey and my niece Mia out of fabric so that it would be soft for them. They turned out pretty cool and the girls loved them! I-Spy bags for Scott and Hailey. Scott's has sports balls and animals and Hailey's has girly stuff like a glass slipper, crown, etc. I got directions off this blog here
Jewelry bags for my sister in-law Brittney. My sister in law Kelli had gotten one from her mother in law I think, and ever since then I've been wanting to make one. This is awesome for traveling because your earrings don't get lost in your makeup bag! There's little pouches to put all your earrings and then your bracelets and necklaces go in the middle.
Aprons are in big time this year so I made one for my mom and sister Candice. Oh and a little one for Mia.
Anyway I had a ton of fun! I only wish I had more time during the year to sew, rather than cramming it all into one month!