I still can't believe I only paid $20 and was able to make 24 jars of jam! Plus it tastes so much better than store bought. The only sad part was that I made it by myself when the kids went to bed, and it made me think of my my mom, sisters and I making jam every summer with my grandma! So many memories
Mmmm!
I know Scott is in Heaven because last year when my sister gave me some he wouldn't eat any other kind!Early Alberta peaches are the best around. Seriously last year I bought a box and we ate it in a week. I was pregnant with Hailey and ate about 3 a day...No wonder peaches are her favorite! So I guess you aren't suppose to can on glass cook tops, so I went over to my friend Mel's house and we canned 24 (25 really but the glass broke on one!) cans of peaches. She was watching 2 kids for an hour this morning so at one point we had 7 kids running around while we were working. It was actually really fun. We're already trying to come up with a new venture...
I don't think I can post without a picture of Hailey, so here you go- Hailey's classic eating position!
Other than that, we've been organizing our garage all weekend. Kevin built massive shelves for our garage and maybe now I'll be able to park our new car in it! I've been joking with Kevin that he has a personal shop because currently he has his Scout and 2 motorcycles in our garage. I don't get too mad at him because 1-its a hobby of his to work on motorcycles and old cars, and 2-he doesn't keep them for long-just enough to fix them and sell them. All except for his Scout of course...the Scout is like our third child. Kevin has a serious talent though. Both of these motorcycles weren't running and were sold dirt cheap and both of them he got running by 2 days max! These next two are for the guys I suppose...
1981 Yamaha Seca 750 1978 Suzuki GS400