November 30, 2019

November

Hailey entered her school's art contest again this year and got first place. She did a pastel drawing of a tangerine. She was so excited, and we were so proud of her!
I wonder how many pictures I have on this blog of this darn cat. But Felix is just part of the family and the kids are always taking pictures of him, like this one laying on his favorite plant in the front yard haha. 
 He's not as picky with people as he is with plants, pretty much if you are staying still he will lay on you it's pretty funny.
 And speaking of staying still...Jay passed out like this the other night and it cracked me up. Little legs crossed and everything.
 So I'm pretty cheap when it comes to maintenance. I usually get my hair cut and colored once a year and try and try and get my mom to trim it when I see her every so often. But seeing how Hailey very much has my "precision eye" I decided to teach her how (I cut all the kids hair so they see me do it every month). I was completely confident in her abilities even though it scared a few others. 
 Ta-da!
 With our church young women program changing at the new year, Hailey has been trying to earn as many ribbons as she can in the current program. She had to complete several different goals and then a 10 hour project to earn each ribbon. For her integrity ribbon, she made a modest shirt. She did all the cutting, pinning and sewing all by herself, even with the ruffle on the sleeves and bodice. It turned out great! And it has been so fun watching her proudly wear it to school each week.
I ran my first 10K race. I've done 5K races and half marathons, but never a 10K. It was super fun! Kevin was out of town, so this is the only picture I got but I had to get one because I placed 3rd. I run for myself and for distance, not for speed, so I was pretty darn excited!
For Thanksgiving this year we decided to try something new. We went to a Thanksgiving Buffet!! The kids were beyond excited that they got to only pick only the foods they liked and have as many as they want, especially all the desserts. 
Snapped a quick pic while we were waiting in line. Scott is getting so tall!
Winter has officially arrived with a huge snow storm! Always fun to see how excited the kids get looking out the window
 
It was a doosie. Kevin spent hours shoveling the driveway.
 You have to look closely, but Ari was laying in a ball asking Kev to dump all the snow onto her. She is so funny that girl!