Arianna turned 8!!
She had quite the birthday festivities since her baptism was the next day. Both sets of Grandparents came along with Aunt Kelli and Uncle Jess and their family. Arianna was loving the extra guests for all the fun.
She wanted everything cat themed which turned out super cute! :)
The highlight was probably having her cousin Lexi here to share her big day. Ari and Lexi are like spirit twins. They are the same person almost lol and inseparable when they are together for sure! They had a blast all weekend!
We went out for pizza once everyone arrived, and then came back for opening presents and cake and icecream
Chowing down on her cake. She wanted funfetti cake with buttercream frosting. She also asked that she not serve icecream at her birthday because she hates icecream. But I talked to her about it being for the guests too not just what she wanted. lol. Funny thing is she got to go to her first activity day and what did they do? Went for icecream to welcome Ari to the group. And when I picked her up I was in disbelief that she was all the way to the bottom of the cone. She said "I couldn't help it mom. My face just wanted to dig in". Nothing like peer pressure to get over food phobias right? :)
She had such a fun day and loved all the attention!
I do have to say a few things about Ari it being her birthday and all ;) Arianna is a friend to everyone and quite the teacher's helper at school too. She has two teachers and they both tell me often they wish all students could be just like Ari. I think she is in such deep thought all of the time that she comes across a bit in the clouds to outsiders. But let me assure you this kid is in the top of the 2nd grade with all of her testing. She loves math and reading and especially loves the social aspect of school. I'm always blown away by her because she's pretty much good at everything she tries. She's just a doll and we love her to pieces! Happy Birthday Arianna! We sure love you!
The next morning was the day of Arianna's baptism. Here's a few pictures at the church before we got started.
With Grandma and Grandpa B
So awesome to have both her Grandpas here to celebrate!
She got baptized by Dad and her witnesses were Grandpa and Uncle Jess.
Favorite picture of the weekend right here!
In front of the font
I always ask my kids when I'm toweling them off (can't believe she's my third one to get baptized!) how they feel. She said, "I feel wet and clean." Cute girl.
Then of course lots more pictures with the crew! She had a lot of support from friends as well. While I was getting her into her dress she was so excited she said, "I can't wait for Scarlett to see my dress!" as she did a twirl. I thought it was so cute. They always say girls dress to impress other girls right? :) She had her friend Scarlett from dance, Collin whose been a friend of hers for years along with her primary teacher Sister Cunningham and our close friends the Diaz family. Along with the rest of the bunch! So fun!
Both Arianna's Grandmothers
And both sets of Grandparents
The Melin clan minus TJay :)
Arianna and I thought long and hard about what to serve for her luncheon since she's still a work in progress when it comes to picky eating. I got an idea from a friend about a cereal bar and it couldn't have been more perfect for Ari. She was BEYOND thrilled about having a cereal bar and was like, "Mom! Why didn't you just think of that in the first place!" lol.
Ari happy as a clam eating her cereal. And like Uncle Jess said, it just adds to the special-ness and she will always remember her luncheon because it was so personalized to her.
Some baptism presents
It was such a special day for this one and for all of us. We are so proud of her for making the choice to follow Jesus Christ's example to be baptized and promise to follow him on the right path. She is so sweet and just a delight to have in our family. A perfect day in deed!