Family Selfie from feeding the ducks up Logan Canyon a few weeks ago
I have a ton of pictures to post from our spring break trip to California. But first just a few funny things I need to write down about Jay.
First while eating at a fairly fancy restaurant in Newport Beach, the waiter came up to introduce himself and Jay flips his head around and blurts out, "I don't know about you!" and then "What's your name?!" It was how he said it too...totally smug. I'm pretty sure he meant I don't know you what's your name? But it came off with so much attitude. We all were dying.
Kevin flew to Florida from California on Friday early morning to go to his Granddaddy's 90th celebration. He got back yesterday afternoon. Which means from Friday until Tuesday afternoon I had all the kids myself including on our 12 hour car ride (my mom was with me for 5 of those hours thank goodness lol) So I took Jay to Sams club with me to get groceries once we were home. I don't know if I was just that I was able to enjoy him more because it was just the two of us after a hectic weekend or what, but everything he said was cracking me up.
First I told him while he was sitting in the cart, "See Jay- this is how you are suppose to be at the grocery store...sitting and being patient and helping me." He says, "Oh Okay Mom. I will keep that in mind." lol
Then the cashier was checking us out and one of the managers was helping him put the things in our cart. He asked me if I wanted boxes for my things and I said no and told him they take up too much room in my recycle bin. So he puts everything in my cart and then asks if I want a box for my rotisserie chicken. I say, "No thanks" He clearly hears me and gets a box and puts the chicken in it and says, "Well they leak sometimes" and puts it in my cart. Jay looks up at me with the the most confused face and says, "But Mom, didn't you say No Thanks?" I'm like, "Yes I did Jay. Yes I did" lol
Yesterday he came storming in my room to wake me up and about 2 inches from my face is so excited to tell me this,
"Mom!! Mom!! I wish our house could be a rocket for everybody to get in and then BLAST off with everybody in it into Heaven to see Jesus!" And then he lists off everyone in our family who he wants to come and then says, "And we everybody will get to see Jesus! And did you know Jesus also has powers?"
I'm thinking he must have had a pretty awesome dream from the night before!
Just adorable! And growing up way too fast. Especially after I just spent time with my cute nieces who are almost 8 months and 1 month old. I feel like Jay is a giant now. lol