July 5, 2015

4th of July Fun

1200 flags flying at a tech college here in town. So beautiful! 
We saw the flags when we were on our way to the swimming pool, and the kids and I thought they were amazing! I wanted to take them back dressed to get some pictures, but it just didn't happen. My picture taking this year was sad. It was hot and the kids were all whiny and grumpy from staying up for fireworks the night before! Oh well!
We keep things routine around here for the 4th- Stadium of Fire firework show Friday night, followed by the Hyrum 4th of July parade on Saturday with picnic lunches, and then the car show and parade Saturday night. 
Jay wouldn't go in the road because he remembered being sprayed by the firetruck last year! lol 
I love our tradition of the tie dye t shirts. I think this is our 4th year and the kids and I love it. This year we tried out the squirt bottle technique so that the kids could participate more than just dyeing the rubber bands. Love it. So festive! :)
Now that Scott can use the camera, maybe I will be in a few pictures haha
Jay was popping candy in his mouth as quick as he could get them, so I had a bag I was keeping his candy in and had it hidden. Well he found it and thought he was pretty awesome sitting in his chair with the "forbidden candy" bag lol
We came home and hung out, played in the sprinklers, grilled hot dogs
and then went to the "Cruisin Parade" down main street. We love this event! It would have been better without all the kids pestering each other and Jay screaming "stop revving your engines!!" 
Ninja turtle cars. Last year he had them as minions...pretty clever
Scott's "popeye" face
Kids throwing the pop its. Funny how Jay is scared of everything known to man, but he was having a blast throwing the pop its and listening to them! 
June was spent hanging around Cache Valley and now for July we are hitting the road to the sunny beach of California! Can't wait!