September 22, 2014

I am usually the first one to give a friend a little pep talk when they are down about the mundane-ness of being a stay at home mom. But lately it has been me who has needed a little pick me up. I'm not sure why, I've just been struggling with trying to bring some fun into all the things that need to be done.
So Thursday I decided it get off my pity party and take Ari and Jay up to the mountains. I brought the hiking pack for Jay and me and Ari held hands as we hiked a little nature trail. On the way down I let Jay get out of the pack and explore. He was so cute trying to stick every rock he found in his little pockets. Arianna collected leaves in every fall color. It brought me so much joy just watching how happy they were. It's always soooo nice to get into nature. Works every time for me! And the kids loved it too ;)
We packed sack lunches and stopped at a park to eat lunch and feed the ducks.
Just a few more pictures from my cellphone (sorry they aren't that great quality...no I-phone here! lol)
Jay wanders around the house all day with his little power drill fixing doors, walls and poking holes into his morning pancakes lol
 Still doing great in his toddler bed, especially when big brother reads some bedtime stories. Scott loves it so much. Last night Jay said, "Thanks Scott" and gave him the biggest smooch on the lips. Scott looked over at me with the sweetest little look and I said, "Melts your heart doesn't it?" and he just smiled and shook his head in agreement. So sweet. :)
 When he isn't carrying around his drill he carries this little baby doll around like a football or he will give it kisses or give it "a cuddle" as he calls it. lol
We have been super busy with soccer games and practices- I need to take some pictures this week...I'll try my best!