Kevin's Mom has been visiting this week. We went out to get breakfast Saturday morning and this was what we had across our street- 5 deer
they even came running across our front yard! The kids were pretty excited. Our neighbors said we will probably be seeing them every day in the winter time.
The girls making some crazy cheese faces
Since all the kids have been born earlier than the one before (like Scott at 40 weeks, Hailey at 39 weeks and Ari at 38 weeks) I was kinda planning on having this baby this week! The other thing that's been different is I usually have nothing happening until the day I have them but with this one I've been having contractions for a week and still no baby. I have been nesting though that's for sure! And since I don't have a new baby to post pictures about I guess I'll show some projects I've been doing.
Bow holder to match the upstairs bath- just spray painted an old picture frame I had and a board sprayed brown with some ribbons to match the bathroom.
The kids love doing art and I never have a cute way of displaying it except taping it to the back of their doors so finally I decided to hang up some cafe rods with the clip rings to hold the art work. One for the upstairs mudroom and one for the downstairs craft/art room
Then my ward (in our church) does a "Fabulous Friday" instead of a "Super Saturday" so from around 6 until midnight Friday night we were crafting. I picked these 3 and was a bit worried about how much work they were, but I was nesting big time and got all of them done before leaving. I went with my neighbor and we just had a blast. We ran out of paint for the boo jars and she said, "Well lets just buy some spray paint and do it at home" and I was like, "No way! Lets go to Walmart and get some! I'm not leaving until these are all done!" So we went to Walmart at almost 11 and finished up our projects around 11:45 or so.
Turkey for Thanksgiving
I couldn't resist these! So cute for Halloween!!
and these were quite the ordeal let me tell you. The bases are 3 pieces each and the tops are 2 and everything had to be painted and glued together. (like the bottoms are glass candle holders! awesome idea) What a project though I'm glad that one is done! But the fun part is you can buy different letters and do like "JOY" for the winter and fill it with peppermints, "HOP" for Easter...you get the idea
Then I was feeling awfly bad about doing all these projects around the house and nothing for this new baby! So I made this carseat cover
and this nursing cover
I guess I've just been trying to get everything done thinking this baby was coming but you know how it goes when everyone plans on a baby coming early they make you wait! On the brightside I have a bunch of projects done that I don't have to do....but still- I'd rather be holding my new baby! :)
38 weeks and waiting patiently...well sorta

