August 2, 2010

Funny Scott-Isms

Funny Scottisms

Last week while we were grocery shopping I asked Scott to grab a gallon of milk and put it in the cart for me. When he reached to get one, the man behind the counter said, "Boo" and scared him. I explained to him that there are workers behind there that stock all of the milk and refrigerated stuff. He looked up all excited and said, "Oh! Is that where they keep the cows too!?" It was so cute! Of course we had to have the farmer to the store lesson...

About a month ago Scott said, "Hailey can have my John Deere (power wheel) when I go to kindergarten." When I asked why he said, "Because that's when I get to drive the Toyota truck." Apparently he thinks kindergarten is the age he gets to drive...no wonder why he's so excited to go! 

Scott is a really messy kid. For one thing he loves to collect things- all things from pieces of paper, to paperclips, nails, etc. and he has them all organized in different hiding places. Every now and then I will do a clean sweep in his room and get rid of stuff without him knowing, but he usually isn't around when I clean his room because he will go ballistic if anything is moved out of it's special place. So last week when I couldn't walk anywhere on the carpet I told him we were going to have to clean his room. I headed upstairs and about 20 minutes later he comes to me and says, "Mom, when you are done eating breakfast I'm pretty sure you will want to come see my room." So when I finished he ran downstairs to close his door so I would be surprised. His room was spotless clean. This was the first time he's ever done it on his own. So then the next day I walked in and it was back the way it was...I asked what happened and he said, "I needed to go camping in my cubby" (the storage under his bed) So I guess to clean his room spotless he just threw everything in his cubby- so funny! I should have known.

This one is kind of sad. Well Hailey has been potty trained at night for about 2 months and wears underwear now. Scott has a harder time and still wears pullups. So a few weeks ago he started coming upstairs in the morning telling me he's dry. He would show me his dry pullup and everything. I was a little sceptical, but when I checked his room and trash in the bathroom there were no signs of wet pullups. Day 3 arrived and he was just thrilled that he was dry again. It also happened to be cleaning day, so that's when I found the wet ones stashed in his cubby. He was hiding the wet ones and then changing into dry ones to come show me....So we had to have a heart to heart about it being easier for girls than boys... he'll get it eventually. I'm just a little worried at the effort he went through to conceive me, he's only 4 people!

I thought it was sweet the other day Scott said in his prayer at dinner, "And please bless that we will be able to help others when they need help."