We decided not to take our annual trip to Newport California this year because of lots of reasons including Kevin being way too busy at work and Ari being too little for sunscreen. After lots of begging from my sister Brooke, I got in the car with the 3 kids and took the drive myself
I told Kevin on the first day that I forgot all about the 14 hour miserable car drive when I saw Hailey running around in the ocean. She was soooo happy!
Here's my top 10 pictures
Here's some more-
We drove down to Bre's and got to see little Laith's baby blessing
Grandma and Grandpa with the 5 grandkids
Grandpa and the Grandsons....
Scott wasn't sure what to think of Laith. I think he's excited there's another boy in the family to battle all the girls' drama!
We spent majority of our time on the beach because that's what we came to do- play on the beach!
Hailey loved the ocean and was constantly trying to get someone to go with her. I was carrying Ari in the carrier and she kept saying, "No- more!" to go out further. I asked her if the water was cold and she said, "No, it's not cold" She loved it!
Grandma and Hailey
It was funny because my first few pictures Hailey is gripping my moms legs with all her might, but then she got use to it and off she went (literally- there were several occasions she went missing!)
Scott started digging this hole, and with Grandpa's help they were able to get it a tunnel going all the way through...pretty fun
Scott and cousin Mia
I promise we didn't pose this picture. Scott loves to hold hands with the girls, and Mia was happy to cooperate!
Hailey jumping for joy in the sand
Uncle Wally digging with the kids
This is how Hailey likes to ride the stroller, especially since we usually loaded it with gear and made the kids walk
The beach we spend most of our time at is a state park and protected, so there's lots of little creatures to look at. Hailey held a hermit crab and a baby crab... Scott liked to watch, but not touch
Hailey did this right in the water too. She just went right to the ocean, plopped down and let the waves go over her. This day we went to Newport Beach, stayed for 4 1/2 hours and she still cried and cried when it was time to leave!
Uncle Chris was the brave one who took Hailey where she wanted to go. The rest of us were scared of the cold water
Scott did really good this year with the water- the ocean scares him big time, so I was proud he was in and having a good time
little sand baby...nothing's changed
When there's stuff to do and nothing to fight over, Scott and Hailey are the best of friends and play so well together. Hailey always looks up at Scott and says, "Scott you are my bestest friend ever. Ever Ever Ever!"
As soon as we got to the beach, it was cue for Ari to take a nap. It was great though- kept her out of the sun!
Laith and Ari beaching it in the shade tent
Grandpa and Grandma keeping the babies happy
Ari exploring with Grandpa
My poor Dad with all these emotional girls! Haha
Grandma and the babes
Hailey, Mia and Scott
Scott thinks Mia is his age since she's so tall so he would ask her why she has a pacifier or diapers. Pretty funny.
Scott loves his sisters, but this look on his face tells me he wishes he had a brother!
My mom and us 4 girls went and got pedicures together- so much fun! (and rare that we were all together)
This is how are mornings went since my kids are up so early! Hiding out in the room watching some cartoons
I had my parents watch Ari and thought it would be fun to take Scott and Hailey to Laguna for a breakfast date. It was a lot of fun. I didn't realize they charged for refills (my kids drink a lot!) until I got the bill, but I could only laugh about it-what can you do? :)
My three musketeers going through the tunnel
The last night we ate dinner at Crab Cooker, went to Balboa Island and took the ferry, went to a candy shop and rode some rides. Scott went on a Farris wheel with Grandpa! I was so proud of him! And Hailey always enjoys the merry go round of course
We stopped in Las Vegas to ease our drive home, and look who decided to show up and help me drive home! Daddy! I was passed out on the couch at my moms house when we got there, and Kevin came in and started kissing on me! I was surprised for sure (I'll save the words that were said haha)
I forgot to mention that Hailey was beyond homesick for her Dad. After about day 3 or 4 she had several meltdowns a day for her Daddy. She was excited to see him too
Since the backyard was shaded Ari got to take her first swim in the pool
She loved it of course!
I can't believe we almost missed out on all the fun! The kids had the best time, and I had a great time too. Thanks for everything Mom and Dad (and all my sisters and hubbies) for helping me with the kids!