Scott and Hailey have been playing so cute together- I just love it. Hailey anticipates Scott waking up each morning and Scott the same. Here's a story of how much Scott loves Hailey...Last night Hailey went to bed at 8 pm and Scott about 8:15. Sometimes he gets up and says he wants to sleep with a different bear, needs a drink, etc. so at 9 pm I heard him upstairs and asked Kevin to go check on him. Kevin went upstairs and found Scott in Hailey's crib with the lights on! (they sleep in separate rooms by the way.) After Hailey was sound asleep for an hour, Scott decided to go flip on her lights and climb in in her crib to play. I am shocked that I was able to get her to go back to sleep and I can't help but wonder what on earth she was thinking when her lights got flipped on! Scott kept crying, "But I want to play with her! I was just making her happy!" Hailey managed to crawl by Scott right when he was carrying his table across the room and gave Hailey her very first (of many I'm sure) shiners on her cheekbone.
Hailey took her first steps yesterday! She took two steps three different times! My guess was 10 months and she'll be 10 months tomorrow! She is quite the climber too! I have to keep all bathroom doors closed because she will climb right up on top of the toilet tank! Her favorite thing to get into is my bathroom drawer. I keep the door to the master closed too, and as soon as she crawls around the corner in the hall and finds the door closed she throws a HUGE fit! (And in case you are wondering what's in her mouth- it's a whistle...she even knows how to blow it!) She is so stinkin cute!
I took this picture this morning while we were playing in the basement. I have been filled with so much joy today thinking about motherhood. I am so blessed and thankful that I get to be a mom and so thankful that Kevin works extra hard so that I can stay home with the kids. I know not all moms get that opportunity, so trust me, I don't take it for granted! Watching Scott and Hailey play today just really brought me back to remembering what really matters in life- family!
Another thing Scott did this week...I was downstairs with Hailey and Scott screams, "Mom! I found all these cool construction books!" I go upstairs and he had dragged all of the Christmas/Birthday presents I had been hiding under my bed! So then the other night when we started Christmas lists we asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said, "The Diego toy!" (One that he saw under the bed) From now on we are locking them up in the storage room!
Scott and I made playdough the other day which reminded me to post the recipe. This is the best play dough because it smells delicious, (the kids can accidentally eat it), and it's not messy to make. Because you don't use food coloring, the kids can help you mix it up. I have never used another recipe!
No Mess Playdough
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 small package of Kool-aid (any flavor/color)
- 3 Tablespoons oil (I use veggie)
- 1 cup boiling water (the hotter the better)
- 1 extra cup flour
In a large bowl, combine the 1 cup flour, the salt and the Kool-aid. Add oil to the boiling water. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl and stir together with a spoon. Have the kids add the rest of the flour as they knead the dough until it's soft and smooth and not too sticky. Just make sure the dough is cooled enough before having the kids pitch in. Oh, and don't forget to smell it! Yum!