August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!

We went on a quick road trip this past weekend. My mom is turning the big 50 tomorrow! My parents were going to Idaho for the Twin Falls open house this weekend, so we decided to invite her family and get together for a small surprise party in Twin! My grandparents, my mom's sister and some of her brothers all met us at a restaurant overlooking the bridge in Twin Falls. It was really fun and my mom was really surprised!Her actual birthday is the 20th and we will all be keeping her in our prayers since her only birthday wish was to go sky diving! Ahh!! My dad (who hates to even fly by the way) is going with her on their sky diving adventure tomorrow! What can I say-My mom isn't like most moms!
After the we all got to go through the LDS Twin Falls temple for the open house and it was a really neat experience to have our entire family and their spouses there together. For some of them this was their first time in a temple and so it was really awesome!
I LOVE the Idaho house. It is so beautiful there! You could just sit outside all day long and listen to the birds chirping, etc. I just love it! Plus the fruit was in bloom so we got to pick apples, peaches and grapes out of their orchard. It was awesome. Scott could live on peaches if he had to.
Here are some pictures of us fishing in the little lake there...
Scotts first ever fishing experience! (besides when he was a baby strapped on Kevin when we lived in Idaho)
Hailey loved to hold the pole!
Here's a small bass I caught...Scott was pretty excited but didn't want to touch it
Here's the large mouth bass I caught. Scott warmed up to this one and even touched it!
Kevin, Rick and my dad drove to Twin Falls and kayaked down the river. It was about a 3 1/2 hour trail that took them right up to the bridge.
Kevin out on the water
We stayed home and got the pool out for the kids.... Mia LOVED the water! She didn't want to get out
Check out Hailey's face in the next few. Do you think she was getting tired of her brother? I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the teasing...
Here's Hailey enjoying her licorice. She loves the water. She was sitting in the grass letting me spray her with the hose and loved it. If I even get a splash on Scott's arm he cries...Hailey doesn't mind one bit-she's a fish.
Here are the girls fighting over some toys. At least there wasn't any hair pulling this time. Haha
Kevin and I also got to take a smaller kayak trip down the river next to Thousand Springs in Buhl Idaho. It was beautiful! Scott was along side of us on the canoe with my mom and dad.
One of several of the springs along the river- it was beautiful!
I had to include a picture of an alligator. Scott loves alligators and his favorite book is "There's an alligator under my bed" and Candice brought it for him this trip. There is an actual alligator farm just 10 minutes from the house that Kevin took him to, and then he read him the book before bed. I'm surprised he didn't have any nightmares! Yikes!